Chennai Dream Homes® FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions.
Basics Questions on Buying/Selling/Brokerage Terms
Chennai Dream Homes® is not your typical real estate broker. We are a Highly rated, Luxury Real Estate Agency servicing the residential, commercial and expat/commercial rental markets in Chennai.
Our End to End Brokerage service includes comprehensive assistance from researching needs, shortlisting homes, and site visits, all the way to transaction level meetings, negotiations, making offers, documentation / legal paperwork, registration, and after-sales support.
Perfect for busy working professionals and NRIs like you, to buy, sell and rent beautiful homes like Flats, Multistorey/High Rise Apartments and Beach Villas in Gated Communities in the best residential areas of Adyar, Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, ECR, OMR and posh city centre (Nungambakkam, T.Nagar, Alwarpet, Mylapore, Anna Nagar and Kilpauk).
With a team of experienced and TNRERA certified real estate professionals who understand the ever-changing consumer needs and market trends, Chennai Dream Homes® aims to become the most-preferred luxury market residential broker service provider in Chennai.
With all the positive changes in the real estate sector, you can finally make the smart choice of partnering with Chennai Dream Homes® for all your luxury real estate needs in Chennai.
Any service that provides value in the form of time savings, cost savings or convenience has a price attached to it.
We believe that our end to end brokerage service based on a commission pricing model, is a valuable convenience for today’s busy customer. The pricing is tied to the services we render while representing our clients in a transaction.
This way, we are much more vested in your success than a national property portal that simply tries to match demand and supply, wthout any hand holding or local market expertise that is so required in a complex deal like real estate. We take great pains to customize our services to the unique needs of each client.
When it comes to such a big decision, it is recommended to use a professional who can hand hold you through the transaction, and save you large sums through negotiations, instead of going it on your own and likely losing your mind and hard earned money.
Always be careful not to lose out on great deals, while trying to save a little money as it may cost you dearly. Read more on our Pricing here.
For properties on our website that are tagged as ‘No Brokerage payable’, you do not have to pay any fees!
This is the reason our clients refer us to new potential customers and love working with us. It’s more like a warm friendship than cold sales. Read our Testimonials to see past client’s experiences.
- Once you have shortlisted the properties you like, or which fall under your budget and suit your requirements, click on the “View More” button of the property for more detailed information.
- See all the detailed information on each property (including a description, price, possession status, type, photo and video galleries, floor plans, features, etc.)
- For more details or site visit requests, for each property you like, send us an enquiry through the contact forms. We will get in touch at the earliest.
- For urgent enquiries, you can also call us directly at: +91-98409 51001 / 003.
While we do not arrange home loans directly as part of our core services, if you are having trouble deciding which bank to approach, we can help you with contacting the relevant lenders, experience with them so far, terms, etc.
For more information on home loans in Chennai, please call or contact us.
Yes, we don’t just stop with the Agreement or Registration stage like many other brokers do.
You will get a Full service Brokerage experience, whether it’s buying, selling or expat/corporate renting, from the Search/Shortlist and Site visits, all the way to offers, negotiations, paperwork/legal, registration and post sale/rental assistance.
If you are an individual seller or landlord needing to sell or rent out your luxury property (both Brand New and Resale), we can help you to:
- set the best listing price
- list your property on our website
- take excellent photos and videos
- run ads online with digital marketing
- promote on social media
- email our 7,000+ subscribers monthly
- coordinate enquiries, site visits and inspections from serious buyers/tenants
- handle all meetings and negotiations with your best interests
In order to get started selling your property, please first contact us with all your property details and pictures, and IF it meets our quality + brand criteria, we will get in touch with you to start the process.
Important Disclaimer: We only deal with sale of properties in these locations: Central parts of Chennai city, ECR and parts of OMR.. So, if your property is not in these areas, we may not be able to help you sell your property.
If you are a developer and need help in marketing and selling your projects, please contact us with all property details and brochures, and if it matches our client’s interests and luxury brand ethos, we will get in touch with you, before it is listed.
Expat Rentals Questions for Expats looking to rent houses in Chennai
No, normally the rent amount mentioned in each property listing, is only for the monthly rent.
For Gated communities, each house will also have an additional monthly maintenance fee other than the rent, for paying the association for maintaining the community and its amenities. (Sometimes it is absorbed by the landlord) .
Rental Advance or Security Deposit will be anywhere between 6 – 10 months of monthly rent payable at the time of signing the rental agreement. This interest free amount is refunded after the tenancy tenure, after deducting for any necessary damage/repairs on behalf of the tenant’s use apart fom regular wear n tear of the property.
The Rental agreement is for a period of 11 months contract, and it is usually renewable every 11 months, with a prior notice period of 2 months by either party (landlord or tenant), before the period of tenancy is up.
Usually, the monthly rent is increased by 5% every year after the first year.
Some landlords and contracts stipulate a minimum lease period of 2-3 years for expats and corporate MNCs.
There may be a penalty clause for foreclosure of tenancy if more appliances or furniture (apart from the offered funiture and appliances) is required from the tenant’s end.
Semi furnished Expat / Corporate rental usually means the house comes with:
- Air conditioners
- Modular Kitchen
- all Cupboards and wardrobes
but no white goods or loose furniture.
Fully Furnished Expat / Corporate rental means the house comes with:
- Air conditioners
- Modular kitchen
- all Cupboards and wardrobes
- White goods (home appliances like TV, OTG/Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine, Dryer, etc)
- Loose furniture (Sofa sets, Dining table, Cots & mattresses in all rooms)
The Tenant shall bear all expenses related to maintenance inside the house such as:
- House and Terrace Cleaning
- Pay for consumables like Electricity, Gas, Diesel, Internet, and Landline Phone rental
- Arrange Sewerage disposal as and when required (if applicable)
- Gated Community Maintenance as part of rent to be paid for amenities and common conveniences (security, clubhouse, etc)
The following are maintained by the landlords, unless otherwise mentioned:
- Appliance maintenance (includes Air conditioning and White goods Annual Maintenance Contracts called AMCs)
- Garden Maintenance
- Generator Maintenance
- Lift Maintenance
- Layout Association Service charges
- Property Taxes are taken care of by the owners
Any additional requests for furniture, fixtures, addition of swimming pool, appliances or structural changes like plumbing or electrical will need to be checked for feasibility and approved by the landlord first.
- Electricity is extra, depending on your consumption payable once in 2 months.
- Internet is sometimes provided by the owner, sometimes not, but the cabling is done.
- Security is provided.
- Taxes are taken care of by the owners.